background

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January WISP completed

Today I had a productive day of quilting and finally completed by WISP for January. I started this Coffee Mug Bag last year along with another one with a tea stitchery on it which I completed at the time and use when I go to my quilt group. This one though, sat on my cutting table for the last few months with the stitcheries done but little else. I had this idea last year that if I started a small project I would make two at the same time so I could have some gifts to give if an unexpected occasion came along. I'm not sure if that theory worked out that well but anyway it is now finished and here are the photos to prove it. Hooray!!!! I also finished off the Gail Pan Christmas BOM so also took a photo of that. I am using Robyn Pandoff fabrics called Holly Go Lightly for the borders. When Gail said she would be using red and green for the borders, I thought these fabrics from my stash would be just perfect. I have also done some work on my Summer Mystery quilt but didn't quite finish off adding the triangles to the corners of the rectangle blocks. I have also prepared the Willowberry Designs stitchery so I can stitch that at my next quilting group day. Tomorrow I have my 2 grandsons coming over for the day so it will be a day of swimming, playing games and lego building. They go back to school next week so their Mum is covering school books. I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore, I could never get that darn contact on without numerous air bubbles in it.

Above are the photos of the Coffee Mug Bag, sorry they are a bit dark.

I love how this looks already.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Noela! Well done! Your mug bag looks FABULOUS! Won't you feel spoilt whenever you trundle off to a stitching day with your coffee mug safe and sound in this beautiful bag!! Have added your finish to my spreadsheet! Happy stitching! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noela, your block looks great, glad you are joining in!!
    Cheers
    Gail

    ReplyDelete