background

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Let's Celebrate gifts. OPAM finishes.

This month for Lets Celebrate exchange, we made a traditional block to send to our partner. This is the block I sent to Kali. I chose the log cabin block because the first quilt I made consisted of this block and I have been hooked on quilting ever since. Fabrics used are from an old Three Sisters range. I also sent some fabric, ric rac, a small charm and a tissue holder.

Kali sent me the block below. I love the colours she has used. The little pattern is very cute and I can see myself making some of these very soon.   Thank you Kali, as always a wonderful exchange of gifts.

We now have to decide how to use the block and I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head already as does Kali.  Will be interesting to see how they turn out.
Thank you to Karen from Mrs Martins Quilt Shop for hosting Lets Celebrate. Kali and I have got to know each other quite well over the year and I'm sure we will continue to keep in touch when Lets Celebrate comes to an end in December. Only one more gift to make...... now what will that be I wonder?

As it is the end of the month, it is time to show my OPAM finishes for this month.
Today, I finished off the last of the bonbons I had started at retreat.
I also made a mug rug and table runner for Wendy.

This Gail Pan thread holder was made for Kali's birthday and the small tissue holder below for the block exchange.

In all I have 8 finishes this month.
Well, that's all from me tonight, am going to try to get some stitching done, so much to do and so little time. Christmas will be here before we know it.  Happy Stitching everyone...............
  

11 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous blocks you have both done in the Let's Celebrate swap Noela - its such a fun swap, and lots of other lovely finishes for the month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... you have been very busy finishing some wonderful projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Noela lots of wonderful finishes there,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy Noela. The block you made for Kali is very pretty. I've got some of those bon bons on my to do list. The way things are going, they won't be ready until next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Fabrics in your log cabin block Noela. And your swapped back block is lovely too.

    Looks like this month was full of finishes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your swap block is lovely Noela! 8 finishes is a fantastic effort, I really loved the gifts you made for Wendy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are beyond prolific Noela and your sewing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitcheries great finishes. Your block exchange looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fabrics in Kali's block and your block.
    Lots of lovely makes this month, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks sent and received...and well done on all those lovely finishes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Noela but wow, way to make me feel like I am not achieving as much as I should be! LOL

    ReplyDelete