background

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Camp Prep & 3 OPAM Finishes

This week, I have been preparing some quilting projects for my group's Boonah quilt camp this week-end. At our last camp in October, we had to take along an ugly fat quarter (or at least one we thought fitted that description) to swap.  I think most of them weren't really that ugly, but anyway, I ended up with a piece of fabric that had a black background with yellow hibiscus over it.  Our challenge for this camp was to make a pillow case using the fat quarter.  You could use as little or as much as you wanted in the finished case.  Here is what I did with my mine.  Quite bright, but I am happy with how it turned out and it should help keep me awake for all that late night sewing I want to get done at the camp.
I also spent about an hour last night trying to work out the placement for the blocks in the photo below.  The blocks have been sitting in a box waiting to be put together since last year. Still not sure if this will be it  but I need to get this one finished for my grandson. He has a king single so this should fit the bill when the sashing and borders go on.  I love this fabric by Sweetwater, one of my favourite designers. Their fabric lines always look so fresh and I have to admit I have lots more of their fabric in my stash. These blocks are made using a layer cake.  
Below are 2 more finishes for this month, a baby quilt and another mug rug.  My son has a new niece, Crystal, born in January. He asked me if I would finish off this panel he bought from Spotlight and add a label with his & the boys names on it.  So here it is below being held by my grandson Jacob.  I just love owls at the moment, they are so cute.  Hope Crystal enjoys lying on this when she gets a bit bigger and of course 'Congratulations' to the new parents.


I made this mug rug for one of my special quilting friends. I gave it to her on Monday as she will be holidaying with her family on Friday, when she celebrates her 70 th BIRTHDAY. Have a wonderful day,  I will be thinking of you and will miss you at our camp this week-end.
Well, that's about it for me tonight.   Till next time..........

4 comments:

  1. Your pillow case sure is bright but looks good. Love that owl panel.
    Enjoy your camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes. You have done a great job with your pillowcase and love the owl quilt. How wonderful that your son purchased the panel-men and Spotlight seldom mix!! Look forward to seeing your grandsons quilt finished-love the colours.
    Have a great camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching Noela. Good work on your pillowcase. Enjoy your weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used that "ugly" fabric - maybe its not really ugly more a "difficult to use". Enjoy your weekend - I am sure your fellow campers will help youn arange those blocks! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete