background

Friday, April 16, 2010

More Pinwheel Blocks, Jelly Roll Block 4

This week has been a very busy. We have been in the planning stage for a new kitchen for quite a while but as usual, unexpected things happen which delay the best made plans. Well finally, it is all happening and in two to three weeks time, our old kitchen will be replaced by a new one. Of course between now and then I have to empty every cupboard which I am not looking forward to. Guess it will give me a chance to have a good clean-out even though the new one will have more cupboard space.
With this in mind, I have tried to spend a little time in my quilting room today and so I managed to get the next four blocks done for the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt along. Only 4 blocks to go now. Have cut out 13 and 14 with the block instructions for the last two expected this week or early next week so need to get a move on to keep up and not fall behind. Blocks 9 & 10.

Below are blocks 11 and 12.
Sorry this photo is a bit dark and doesn't show the lighter coloured fabric very well.
Below is block number 4 in my Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along. The block instructions were to use darks for the outer pieces and lights for the centre. As this jelly roll does not have a lot of darks in it, I decided to go with these. I think the block turned out quite well. I am really enjoying doing these blocks.

Well that is all for tonight. Will take some photos of the old kitchen and then post the new one when it is finished. Hope all goes well without too many problems.

2 comments: