background

Monday, March 9, 2009

Missing in Action!

Here is my first post in a while. The last few days have been spent in Toowoomba at the 'High Altitude Rod Run'. We had a great time catching up with friends as this is the 4th time we have attended. The activities included going on some rod runs around Toowoomba, doing a tour of the beautifully restored Empire Theatre, built in 1911 and rebuilt in 1933 after it had been destroyed by fire, a fancy dress dinner on Saturday night and a show and shine car show in the centre of town on Sunday morning. Chris had to do some running repairs to the car early Sunday morning after he discovered a problem with one of the backwheels on Saturday night. Luckily he could fix it with a bit of help from one of the other rodders and we were back on the road pretty quickly. We managed to get home safely with no further problems.

As we had some free time on Saturday, Chris drove me out to The Village Green at Highfields to visit The Quilters Angel. It is a great shop for browsing with lots of little nic-nacs and things to look at. They even have a chair for bored husbands to sit on outside which Chris put to good use. I was very good and only bought a couple of DMC threads which I had run out of.

I have been working on the Bunny Hill BOM and have decided to do bluework stitchery instead of red. I am using a variegated blue DMC 103 and have completed Blocks 1 & 2. Will post photos next time. I have added the Bunny Hill logo to my sidebar. I am also working on Block 3 of Verandah Views and have just printed out the next blocks for Gail Pan Christmas Wish and Bunny Hill so another big stitching week ahead, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment