background

Monday, September 21, 2015

Friday Night results.......

My apologies for not getting a post up over the weekend. It has been really busy, my hubby started four weeks of long service on Saturday and as we have lots to do and fix up around the house, we got straight into trimming the trees in the front yard, only one side done with the other marked down for today.

Then on Sunday, I accompanied my son, Scott, on a trip to the north coast, so Jake could spend the school holidays with his Mum whilst,Tom, my other grandson came home with us to spend time with his Dad. We spent most of the day in the car so was glad to get home just before dark.

So back to Friday night. I am still stitching the centre block of Natures Journey. Down to the last couple of satin stitch stems now. I don't think I would have done them in satin stitch if I'd realized just how long I was going to take. I am slow at stitching and if I'm not happy with the result, tend to pull out and start again, though I think I may have got myself out of that habit after this marathon.

I also finished off the last of the flowers and leaves so the end is in sight. I can't wait to add the borders which are all cut out and almost ready to put on. Hope they all fit together nicely. A big THANK YOU to Wendy for again hosting.

Well must go as the tree trimming awaits........



14 comments:

  1. Looks like lovely weather for trimming trees anyway. Is your satin stitching hand or machine? Looks like quite of lot of it to do, but it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's that time of the year. I love your stitching Noela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you have had a very busy weekend.
    Even though the satin stitch has taken a long time it is well worth it. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noela,well lots happening at your place,its nice to see the beautiful weather it makes you want to get out into the sun,love your block ,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did have a busy weekend Noela......and I am in AWE of that satin stitch on those stems....what a task! but it will look amazing when done! I do exactly the same as you.....if I am not 100% happy and even just one little stitch looks out of place....out it all comes to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying the sunshine is such a nicer way to spend the weekend, rather than on a computer, lol. Your NJ is looking fantastic, what an effort for that satin stitch, it does look stunning though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like hard work - but better to get it donebeofre it heats up too much...That satin stich must also be using a lot of thread...but it looks lovely Noela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that satin stitch does look intensive. I'm like you, I pull it out if it doesn't look right. It will be worth it in the end. Hope hubby gets a little break during his leave ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I just had to come back to read this post .....told you I knew you were busy lol ......I think maybe the next 4 wks will keep you extra busy by sounds of things!!! Take care
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Satin stitching the stems! Wow, I'm avoiding satin stitching some tiny circles on a small decoration stitchy so I'm in awe of your ambition and being able to pull it off! I'm sure it will look fabulous and be worth your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your block looks wonderful Noela. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you have had a busy wee time lately, Noela, and that you were lucky to get some stitching time. Satin stitching is pretty intensive but it will look so beautiful when done... it sure looks beautiful when only half done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That satin stitch looks amazing! Beautiful applique and a gorgeous block. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel your pain...I was in class one day showing my 'completed' stitcheries panels when my teacher noticed the satin stitch flowers in all 16 blocks were missing!!! I was hoping she wouldn't notice...looks fantastic, love your colours.

    ReplyDelete