background

Thursday, February 5, 2015

A late Birthday Gift, SAL 2015, Ruby Update.

I received a surprise a couple of weeks ago with an email from Toni of the Red Boot Quilt Company. I had won the Birthday Club gift for December.
I could choose one pdf pattern and also received a $25.00 voucher to Lynette Anderson's Little Quilt Shop.  Thank you so much Toni.
It was hard to select a pattern but I finally went with this one.

I used the voucher to get this pattern and the cat button to go with it.  I think this button reminded me of my cat called Oscar. What do you think? He won't be getting the cushion when it is made though.
He spends most of his time doing this these days. 

I have finally chosen my fabrics for  Chookyblue's  SAL 2015. They are from my stash although I've had to buy a few more background ones to go with them. The fabrics are French General. I have a Rural Jardin jelly roll and some fat quarters, a jelly roll of Le Bouquet Francais and some yardage and a charm pack of La Belle Fleur and yardage too. Also adding a few blues from my blue stash. Need to get into cutting out Part 1 now as February is going so fast.

I will be back later to post a photo of the lovely gifts I received from Marilyn in the Initial Heart Swap run by Cheryll from Gone Stitchin but now my puppy is letting me know she wants some attention and some food I think.
We took her off to puppy school last Monday night, learnt a few tips and she has not been biting so much but we still have a way to go before she stops I think. She looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth in this photo. Oscar is not very happy his peace and quiet has been ruined so we are trying to keep them apart for the moment.
See you soon.  Hugs.......



11 comments:

  1. I love what you stitched and wow you have the cutest pets

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lucky win. French general seems to be a popular choice for the sal, will look great I think. Your puppy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great win- and good choosing of your gifts! I like what you have chosen for the stitchalong too.... I didn't join up for it but have somehow ended up with the pattern...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gifts you chose.. Great pattern and the cutest button for your cushion..
    Gorgeous cat and pup....
    Nice fabrics for your SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely win and love the fabrics you've chosen for the SAL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely win, Noela. I love that cushion pattern. Have fun with those foxes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely WiN for you... xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you - looking forward to seeing your SAL blocks. Hopefully your cat & dog will learn to tolerate eah other...our cat loves to attack the dog when he's not expecting it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fox cushion and the button. I bet Oscar's nose is out of joint since the puppy came along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely win :) You have chosen very sweet patterns, and the button is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the win and I love the new pattern and your purchases. That cat button is beautiful! as is the cat of course. Happy belated birthday from me too

    ReplyDelete