background

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simply Christmas Book win, 13 UFO's in 2013.

It's late so this will be a quick post. Today I received a parcel from Gail Pan and in it was her new book, Simply Christmas.  I entered a competition on her blog and was one of three lucky winners.
I have had a look through the book and it contains lots of lovely Christmas stitching. My son who was here when I got it out of the letterbox has already put in an order for a wall hanging.  Better get some things on my to do list finished so I can make it for him.

Below is my finished quilt top for my 13 UFO's in 2013 challenge. Have found a few tutorials on tying so hope to use this method to finish it off.  Have pinned the batting to the top, which has prairie points around the edge, ready for the backing.  Hope to work on it a bit more tomorrow.  
Well that's all from me tonight.  Happy Stitching till next time...........Hugs.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win Noela. Looks like a fabulous book..
    Your flimsy is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way To Go...winning such a beautiful book....good on you...mmm more items to add to your "To Do List" from this book - maybe...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win, I love Gail's designs. Doing well with your UFO too. The blue is a nice accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely win Noela. I must have a look out for that book. Your quilt looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great win (I just ordered mine!!) always lots of lovely projects in a book.... Love the quilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your lovely win Noela and love your quilt.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win. A good addition to any library. Your quilt top looks great, love that blue inner border. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a great win there Noela, you will love the book I'm sure. the quilt top looks great too, happy tying♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great win and the quilt top looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Win. you will love the book. I see many a project coming from it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great book Noela - I have earmarked several projects to do. Lovely finish of your quilt - love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great win, Noela. I have just ordered that book as I hear such good reviews about it. Love the quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt looks lovely, love the colours. The book looks lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete