background

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas, OPAM finish.

A quick post to say Merry Christmas to everyone.  Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas Day shared with those people you love the most. We got to do that yesterday when we had our family over for an early Xmas Day celebration. This morning Chris and I had our eldest son, Scott, pop in for breakfast and a swim before heading off to visit relatives for lunch leaving us the rest of the day to enjoy each others company and to celebrate that we are one year older. It has been a wonderful day as we have been swimming, had a lunch of leftovers including trifle for dessert and generally not doing much at all.  I looked through my cards and found some birthday scratchies and won $27, then looked at all my beautiful presents again, read some new magazines and watched some car racing with my hubby.
I can't finish this post without showing some pictures of yesterday so here are a few.
This is the Christmas wall hanging I finished this week. I got the label with our surname on it  from Sweetwater.

Scott,  Josh and me in the pool enjoying the water.

Debbie, Kiah and Hayden

Scott, me, Hayden and Kiah who has just returned from 4 months study in the USA. 

Josh, Deb, Todd and Scott.  Had to rescue my SSCS parcel (the yellow one) from Josh before he opened it.

My daughter, Kym, made it from work just in time to have an early dinner with us.

Our Christmas Meal. Vegetarian Noodle Salad, Spinach and Feta Salad, Tossed Salad, Curried Sweet Potato Bake, Roast Potato, Glazed Ham, Roast Turkey, Lamb and Pork.  Thanks to Scott and Todd for roasting the meats and  Kiah for her lovely vegetarian salads.

And a  big thank you to my grandson Joshua who made our cake. Here we are about to blow out the candles on our White Chocolate Tim Tam Cheesecake.    It tasted just beautiful.

A fitting end to a great day.  Will be back soon to share with you the gifts that I have received from Odette from Chili  in my SSCS parcel. They are just beautiful.    Till then Happy Holidays...........

6 comments:

  1. happy birthday ,what a wonderful day you have had.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Noela, you all look so relaxed together and the pool is so inviting.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Noela! What I wouldn't give to be swimming today! It's 31F and we're to get a foot of snow tomorrow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos, looks like you had a great day with family...do you share christmas with your birthday? If so, Happy Birthday for your special day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely day with family. And happy birthday to you!
    Thank you so much for the lovely presents you sent me in the SSCS, I will take pictures and post them tomorrow :-)
    Now I am off to bed after a lovely Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feliz Navidad!!!! Noela, estoy muy feliz al saber que ya vio sus regalos...le gusto???
    Espero que si.
    Abrazos

    Odette

    ReplyDelete