background

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Few Camp Photos

Last month I was lucky enough to attend two quilt camps. The first one was my quilt groups' camp at Boonah. I had a great time but was very slack with taking photos this time. I was going to take every one's projects on the Sunday before we left but we simply ran out of time. I taught a bag class on the camp and had two bags at various stages to demonstrate how to put it together. I finished one bag on camp and completed the other one after I got home. I have some finishes for April so will include the photos of the bags in that blog post. Below is a photo of everyone enjoying a meal at the camp. We seemed to do lots of eating, laughing and talking but did get quite a bit of sewing done as well. The next camp I attended was at Tamborine Mountain. The theme of the camp was Log Cabin Fever. I also had a great time as I caught up with some lovely friends from NSW's as well as the girls from the Beaudesert Quilters group. This camp goes for 4 days. Below are my friends Chris and Liz.
Here we are enjoying Happy Hour.
Along with log cabin name tags made in the shape of hearts, we were also given a log cabin chook pin cushion to take home as a reminder of the camp. All made by Sue W, the camp co-ordinator. (36 made in all). This was our table of chicks.
Below is my very first quilt which happens to be a log cabin quilt. This quilt began my journey into the wonderful world of quilting.
My friend Liz's quilt.
Chris's Log Cabin Bag. This bag would be great for a week-end away as it is huge.
Chris also won the place-mat challenge with her Cab In Fever mat. A very original concept.
Another place-mat.
Saturday night show and tell brought forth some beautiful work. These quilts being just a few of them.

In all a wonderful week-end. The next one will be in late August and I am already looking forward to it. Well must go, will be back soon with some finishes. Bye for now........

1 comment:

  1. I can see you enjoyed a lot at the camps. I am always fascinated by Mt. tambourine. They have some amazing eye-catching places over there. They offer sparkling wines and mouth watering foods.

    ReplyDelete