background

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tamborine Quilt Camp

Tomorrow I am heading up to Tamborine Mountain for a 4 day quilt camp with the Beaudesert Quilters group. This is my third camp with them and I just love it. They are a great group of ladies and the weekend is always filled with fun and friendship. The theme for this camp is Red Hatters Retreat. I have been busy the last few days preparing things to take. As a challenge for the camp, I had to make a place mat using the camp's theme. I have stitched some Bronwyn Hayes ladies for mine and used red/purple (for over 50) and pink/mauve (for under 50) fabrics to accentuate the theme colours. I must say it is very, very bright. Will post photos when I return home. Well must go and finish packing.

Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately but have had a few on-going family issues which have had to take precedence over other things. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

3 comments:

  1. Just finished packing Noela. I hope I haven't forgotten anything. See you tomorrow... I am really looking forward to this .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Great...I'm sure you will have a wonderful time & being up in the mountain is a perfect spot...looking forward to some pics.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time away will be well spent, enjoy and revive. We all need a time like that.

    ReplyDelete