background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day out at Wintersun, Blocks 7/8 Jelly Roll Quilt

I have caught up with my Jelly Roll Quilt Along blocks. Here is Block 8 (first one) and Block 7. I am really loving these blocks and am very happy with how they look. Can't wait to see it together.

We set off yesterday morning early to travel to the coast about an hour away to go to Wintersun. It was pretty chilly with our first frost of winter still visible on the ground. Wintersun has been on each year at Coolangatta for the last 13 years but sadly this year will be the last as it is going to move to northern NSW next year. It is a car show where the cars are parked in the streets which are closed to traffic. It has a rock and roll theme with bands dotted throughout the area and rock and roll groups dancing to the music. A short parade of vehicles and trucks carrying the groups is held during the morning. Below are some photos of the day. The number of people was amazing and by lunch time, you could hardly move.

Izzy Dye and band performing on the stage.

Parade float.
Of course forgot to take photos of the group floats which were very colourful.

Above is a car my hubby liked. I asked him if he would like to restore it? No, he said, just like it the way it is. He still surprises me sometimes. Not my cup of tea though.

Lots of different cars to look at.



The crowds in the main street. Another car my hubby liked.


We liked this one. Chris is looking to get another car to work on soon. This is a 34 Ford Tudor. Has more room than the roadster which we are looking for although I still like the Ford Victoria model, it just depends what is available when we go to buy one.

Well must go now as I want to repot some plants and Chris has just come back from the shops with the potting mix. Still cool today and a bit overcast so really don't feel like going outside. Good day to stitch.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog more interesting and beautiful.
    Visit: www.coisinhasdamarcelaparablog.blogspot.com.
    ALL FREE. They are backgrounds, banners, buttons, ... and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jelly roll blocks look great! The last one was just too busy for me so I'm going to make mine a little bit simpler I think. Love all the cool cars too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics in your JR quilt Noela. They look fantastic. I was looking for you at the Wintersun but we didn't get down until Sunday. Some great cars there hey? and sooooo many people! Hope to catch up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With RentalCars you can get the most affordable car hires at over 49000 locations globally.

    ReplyDelete