background

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Love Is Blocks, Pinwheel Sampler Blocks

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but I've had a few family issues happening. They are still ongoing but last week I found time to get out in my quilting room again and play with some fabrics. Quilting is so relaxing and helps take your mind off things for a while which is just what I needed.
I was able to complete the next block of the Love Is series of stitcheries. The fabric used is Rouenneries and is a beautiful fabric to work with. Block 4 makes up the first row so have stitched the blocks together to get an idea of what it will look like. The next one is available on the 10th of March. They are very quick and easy to complete. I must admit redwork stitchery is one of my favourite things.
I have also finally finished my first 4 pinwheel blocks. I am using Cotton Blossoms fabric by Bonnie and Camille. I had it set aside for another project but as I had some extra pieces of fabric in this range, thought I would use it so I could keep the same secondary fabric for the first 2 blocks. I am quite pleased how they turned out although, I would still like my joins to be better. Maybe by the end of the quilt they will be...... I can always hope. Below are the four blocks :-
Have just printed out the next block pattern so will try and get a start on the next 2 blocks tomorrow. Choosing the fabrics to use in each block is often the hardest part I think. I have to be careful that I don't keep using the same colours.

2 comments:

  1. All looks good
    Hope things are better for you soon
    Patchwork and Quilting do help at times when we need a distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one & the finished article

    ReplyDelete