background

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Slow start but getting there at last....

Well finally I have some enthusiasm back and have been working on several projects at the same time. Below is my Giggle Button Project for August. Stitching all done, just need to decide how to finish it off. May just go with what Sonya did and add a felt backing. Of course haven't the right colour in my stash so may require a trip to my local quilt shop. Used Derwent pencils to colour the flowers and leaves and waterproofed them with fabric medium.
Finished off my last block for A Christmas Wish. Have cut out the small squares for the sashing and have been trying to work out where they need to go. This is always a task that takes me such a long time. Does everyone else have this same problem? Luckily, I could purchase, from Honeysuckle Cottage, some more Holly Go Lightly fabric so I can add the final border and binding using the same fabric as in the rest of the quilt. It was on special too so how good was that? Below is the middle section of my Beach Days quilt. I started this on the Tamborine Quilt Camp after I had finished the Mistletoe Madness quilt top. Only managed to get a few of the rows completed at camp. This quilt has borders on either side of the middle panel so shouldn't take too long to complete. The pattern is by Camille Roskelly of ThimbleBlossoms and is called Mama's Boy. I am going to make mine a little bigger than the pattern, so hopefully I will have enough fabric. I really love these fabrics as they remind me of summer and the beach.
I've also been stitching the holly & berries as well as Merry Christmas in each of the borders of Mistletoe Madness. I'm then going to quilt it with perle cotton. That may take a while but I do enjoy hand quilting.

Of course, the 9th Bunny Hill block is completed as well. Just in time for the next one. I did have a photo but accidentally deleted it when I tried to move it up, so will add it to my next post. Bye for now.........

4 comments:

  1. Well done Noela, the quilts look lovely, especially love the fabrics in your Beach Days quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Noela! CONGRATULATIONS! You're the winner of the September OPAM end-of-month prize draw!! If you'd like to email me your snail mail address, I'll pop your prize in the mail this week. And well done with your stitching progress this month too! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noela ... I just popped over from Tagalong Teddies to congratulate you on your win!!! YAY for you!!!!! Love all your stitching progress too.... I haven't even started my Giggle club project from last month and the next one will be arriving soon!! Yours looks gorgeous :o)!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh Noela these all look sooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete