background

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A finish for 13 UFOs in 2013

This is the wall hanging I finished for last month's 13 UFOs in 2013 over at Marti's blog. The fabrics used are Nancy Halvorsen's Star of Wonder line.  I have had it in my to do box for a number of years so it is lovely to now have it finished and also have one less UFO. A big thank you to Marti for encouraging us each to do this each month.
Finished wall-hanging is 21" x  49" .

Had to piece the backing so used strips from the scraps I had left.  Label in the middle.

I machine appliqued the pieces from the panel to a background made up of  2" strips. Here it is ready for some quilting.
Well must close as I am about to go and visit my great nephew who was born on Friday and of course his lovely Mum, my niece, Angela, in hospital.
Happy Stitching till next time.                   Hugs.........

12 comments:

  1. Your Christmas Wall hanging is lovely and I like the way you pieced the back..
    Oh how nice to see your niece and new Great nephew..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - and its nice to re arrange the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new 'great' nephew and love your UFO finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pieced back looks fantastic. Congratulations on the new baby too. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish Noela - the pieced backing from leftover fabric is a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your finish! It's lovely! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure is "baby" time. Hope you had a great visit with your niece and her new little one. Lovely panel. I have a Christmas one of Nancy's in my UFOs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't it feel good to have an old project finished, yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Done Noela! What a great finish, and in plenty of time before Christmas too!
    How wonderful to welcome a new bub to your families x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely wall hanging (and such a sweet tag!)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's beautiful work Noela!

    ReplyDelete