background

Friday, January 4, 2013

FNWF, Things I'm doing for 2013, Hot Rod Project

This morning, I have been busy catching up on my blog surfing.  I have decided to join a few things I have seen in my travels. Firstly tonight I am going to join lots of other quilters in Friday Night with Friends over at :-  Cheryll's blog.
 I have also joined Cheryll's Initial Heart Swap so if you think you would like to join go over to her blog and check it out. Same link above.

I have had this pattern in my stash for many years and like a Gardeners Journal (top completed last year because I joined a Stitch-a-long group) would probably have stayed unopened for many more years until I read a blog post by Sharon at Lilabelle Lane re joining a Stitch-A-Long group to stitch this quilt.  I have the patterns and most of the buttons so just need to sort out some fabrics from my stash and I am ready to go.


I am also taking up the the 13 in 2013 UFO Challenge over at 52 Quilts in 52 Weeks. I have sorted out my 13 projects, have put them in plastics bags in a tub and numbered the bags 1-13.  The first project that I will tackle is bag No 5 which is the number drawn out for this month. The project needs to be completed by the end of the month. Then on the first day of the next month a new number will be announced. You can check it out in the Jan 1st post by Aunt Marti  here
My box with 13 baggies of UFO's

Bag Number 5

A Backpack for Erica. A Rosalie Quinlan pattern.
To finish today, I want to show some photos of the arrival of my husbands newest hot rod project. He was so excited on Wednesday when he got an email to say the chassis for our 1928 Tudor had arrived and was ready for pick up from the freight company. It came over in a container from Ontario in California. Chris has designed it and had it built to his requirements.  Luckily all is well and he is happy with it.  Now he will be in his shed every spare minute, although I will have more time for me in my sewing room so we are both happy. He's already started adding parts to it.
The rest of the car is hiding under the green tarp, an original 1928 car body. See a photo taken when we first bought the car. This car will have an automatic transmission so I will be able to drive it. I have tried driving our other car but it is very heavy and not the easiest to handle so am looking forward to this baby coming to life. Also will have a back seat so the grandchildren can come with us sometimes.
Well must go and get some sewing ready for tonight.  Till tomorrow with an update on Friday Night with Friends.   Till then..... Happy Stitching.........  Hugs......

6 comments:

  1. lovely post Noela.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noela, that sounds perfect - he's in the "car" shed, you're in the sewing "Shed" - you both get a lot done. Well that's the plan anyway. I'm doing the 13 in 2013 too - as well as Sew Its Finished, - but they will be the same projects. I settled on a list - too hard to put them all in one tub. Happy "Friday Night with Friends" and I love Girls Day Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea.. 13 in 2013... great way to get projects done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get the whole 13 completed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're going to have so much fun with that car.

    Bon courage for the 13 in 13 challenge.

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your box of 13 projects. I totally agree that being in a stitch a long group keeps up the momentum. The hot rod looks fabulous. The shape looks like a gangster car.

    ReplyDelete