background

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Busy Weekend, Fabric sorting.

Have just had a busy week-end.  My son has both his sons home for the week so we had visits from them both days.  Luckily we have a pool so that is where we spent most of the time as it has been so hot. Today I had the boys here while Scott was at work.  More pool time, we made chocolate chip muffins and a trip to the park for a test run on their new scooters. Forgot to grab my camera all day so no photos to show.
Also last Saturday night, Chris and I went to the speedway at Archerfield.  It was the Australian Championship final night.  We had a great time and the final winner was James MacFadden.  We were barracking for the second place-getter, David Murcott, as he comes from Chris's home state of Tasmania. He led all the way until about the last 6 laps.  There were a few crashes along the way, which made it interesting, but fortunately no one was hurt.

The above photos were taken in the warm up laps when it was still light. Unfortunately the later photos were a bit blurry and dark so won't show those.


Now on to some quilty stuff.  Sarah from Lilabelle Lane Creations has made a blog so all the quilters that are making A Girls Day Out quilt can post about their progress on it.  It's called Friends Making Quilts Together. I have finally selected my fabrics for this quilt.  These have been in my stash for a while and the project I had them ear-marked for may never be made, so I decided that I may as well use them now.  After having a tidy up of my fabric, I hate to admit that my stash is a bit out of control so its good to use some of it up.  Just need to add a metre of maroon fabric and some tea dyed fabric for the stitchery backgrounds and I'm set.
Sweet Dreams by Robyn Pandolph


Well, that's all for now.  Till next time Happy Stitching.........

10 comments:

  1. Lovely that you get to spend time with the boys! Girls Day out is going to be fabulous in those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics and I would love to make that quilt ...but maybe not yet!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh so pretty Noela. It will be beautiful in that fabric! I must get busy on my selection... just waiting for my LQS to re-open after their xmas break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics you have chosen... it will be such fun to make this together...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be fun watching Girls' Day Out come together. Sounds like you're having a fun summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was in high school, we used to go to the local sprint car races every Friday night! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE your fabrics! That's going to be a gorgeous quilt... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabric...looks like a fun night...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabrics for your quilt along. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete