background

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quilt Aid, Another Finish

On Monday, I received my first Quilt Aid block. It is the one by designer Majella Rush from Kookaburra Cottage. As I haven't done much needleturn applique, the first two blocks I purchased are blanket stitch applique ones. I will have to practice my needleturn before I start on the other blocks. The fabrics are very pretty so can't wait to see the block made up.

Today I finished a small bag I have been working on for a while. It is made out of Lakehouse charm squares which I bought several months ago. I have a pink challenge for the camp I am attending in August so thought this fabric might be okay to use. The rules state you need to make something (your choice) pink. I will try to make something else as well but if I don't have time then at least I have this to take. The bag takes only 16 charm squares which are laid out on the diagonal. I quilted it using Perle 8 thread and luckily found the pink buttons at my local quilt shop...... Homespun and Beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. The bag is gorgeous Noela...and perfect for the pink challenge...Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you have been busy Noela, your bag is really lovely, I have enjoyed visiting your blog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going great guns Noela, love the bag its a terrific pattern.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete