background

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Off to Tamborine Quilt Retreat

This afternoon, I am heading off to Tamborine Mountain to join the Beaudesert Quilters Group for their bi-annual quilting retreat. I am quite disorganised this time and have been doing some last minute cutting out of blocks and other bits and pieces so I have plenty to keep me going until Sunday.  No cooking or domestic duties for 4 days as we arrive at 3.30pm today and leave for home on Sunday at 2.00pm.
Tamborine is about a 45 minutes drive from my home so not too much travelling involved. I'm looking forward to catching up with all the ladies again especially my friends from NSW who have recently been to South Africa for a holiday so I'm sure they will have lots to tell me as we sew together.
I won't have any computer access whilst I am up there so will be taking a little break from blogging until I get home on Sunday night. Hopefully I will have some photos to show you of what happened on the camp. We are going to a new venue this time so I am excited to see what it will be like.
I am hoping to add the binding to this quilt for one of my grandsons. Just need to add binding. This is my quilt for 13 UFO's in 2013 this month. Am showing this photo now as I will not be back home until the 1st and did not want to miss Marti's cut-off.
Well must go as I have more car packing to do. Will have to check my list twice so I don't forget anything, although I usually do. Be back Sunday night.
Have a great weekend everyone.      Happy Stitching.......


8 comments:

  1. Have fun Noela...cant wait to see what you finish off while you are there! (or even the new projects you start)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are a lucky girl. Have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too late to say "have a fun time" - but I hope you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy yourself and look forward to seeing what you get up to when you get back. Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fun few days Noela - look forward to hearing what you got up to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely way to spend the next 3 days Noela. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful weekend, it sounds fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're having a wonderful time, will be lovely to see all your work when you get home again....

    ReplyDelete