background

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Giggle Button Club Project

My Giggle Button project arrived Monday. It is a pieced bag with a lovely stitched butterfly on the front. I spent today cutting out the background and tracing the butterfly ready to stitch. I bought some new threads for the stitchery part yesterday so I am ready to start. Just have to complete another stitchery first : Verandah Views. I have also sorted out what fabrics I will use. Will take a photo of them tomorrow and post. I also received my last block, Block 9 of Sunshine Frolics so got that ready to stitch as well. I think I am going to be very busy stitching over the next couple of weeks.

I was very excited yesterday because when I arrived home from shopping (my least favourite task), a parcel from Express Publications was in the letterbox and it contained Sonya's (Giggle Buttons) Granma's Quilt Book. I forgot I had entered the competition in Handmade sometime back and I was lucky enough to win one. I will have to put this on the back-burner for a little while though as I have lots on the go at present. The quilt is really lovely and has an olde world feel about it. I will have to drop a few hints to hubby about the buttons that go with it. It's a shame I've just had my birthday, they would make the perfect present. Are you reading this Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment