background

Monday, August 18, 2014

12"Mini Swap, FNSI, Sunday Stitchers Meet.

I can now show the 12" Mini I sent to O'faigh in the June swap. I received an email last week to say the parcel has been opened  so I can post some photos of what I sent.


The hanging with some chocolate and a  mini charm pack.

Thank you to Cheryl (our Swap Mumma) for providing us with a label to add to the back. I hand-stitched mine.
For FNSI, I worked on my Gossip block for this month. I'm afraid I did a lot of unpicking as I tried to make my Periwinkle blocks. This is the first time I have made these using the template pattern provided and I soon learnt that precision cutting and stitching is required to make sure they fit together nicely. I ended up getting three that I was happy with so these were joined together to make up the bottom row. I also finished off the stitching on the other blocks. Now only 13 more star blocks to go. Wish me luck.

A big THANK YOU to Wendy for again hosting FNSI.
Early on Sunday, I headed off to our Sunday Stitchers Group meet at Ormeau.
We had a few people unable to attend due to various reasons but it was still a great day. The noise level was definitely on a par with other days. It was Debbie's Birthday so here she is opening her Birthday Fat Quarters.



Of course, Birthday cake was the order of the day.


This is a little mini Cheryl brought for show and tell. It is made with a very small twister tool using a mini charm pack. It was so cute.
Thanks Maree for organizing another lovely day and thanks to everyone for your wonderful company.

Well must close now. This post has taken forever to do. My computer has been so slow tonight.
Till later.........  Happy Stitching.........

17 comments:

  1. Love the mini you made foe O'Faigh .. Your stars look great sew worth the reverse sewing..
    Oh how cute is that mini twister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini you made is sweet, Noela, and your Gossip in the Garden is going to be beautiful - you'll be well practised with the stars by the end of it! Looks like you had a nice day out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mini and the quilt blocks are coming along nicely, will soon be done! Gorgeous twister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mini for the lovely O'Faigh...and your twister is just lovely and so is your Gossip......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mini. Your Gossips blocks are looking good. Hopefully i'll be there next month. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini is so lovely! great wrap up of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mini. Love your gossip blocks and the fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mini you made for the lovely O'faigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Noela,love the mini you made its gorgeous and love those gossip blocks,happy birthday to Debbie and love Cheryls mini,hope you have a lovely day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a lovely mini quilt.... looks like you all had a lovely day on Sunday...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was lovely to see you again dear Noela and I really enjoyed seeing your "wine" tablerunner in person...it is gorgeous! xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been doing some very sweet stitching. Love the teapot block. Cheryl's mini is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely mini you made for O'Faigh, Noela. Love how your Gossip quilt is coming along

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your projects Noela. Gorgeous gossip blocks and the mini you sent to O'faigh is just lovely. Bet she's happy with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely mini Noela. Your Gossip blocks are looking wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How one earth did you go with the rest of your periwinkle stars? I am having fun and games trying to get nice blocks!

    ReplyDelete