background

Sunday, November 20, 2011

SSCS, Birthday Celebrations & Quilting Stuff


Here's a little snowman who's looking forward to a bit of travel this week.  I have finished my SSCS swap gifts and in the process of  wrapping them ready to post tomorrow.  I have enjoyed being in this swap and hope the recipient of my parcel will like the things I have made as much as I do.  Now all that needs to happen is that it will arrive in time to be opened Christmas Day.  Thanks to Chookyblue (aka The Elf) for all her time and effort in running this swap. 

This is my family, taken at my son Todd's 40 th Birthday barbie last week.  With my boys now both in their forties, I'm starting to feel a bit old.  Need to stop the days passing so quickly.  Any suggestions on how to do that?  Just two of my grand-children missing from this photo.  Hope to get everyone together at Xmas.  
 Remember I said in my last post we were going to have cake.  Well here it is and it was delicious.  Strawberry and cream sponge cake from the Cheesecake Shop.  Well worth breaking the diet for.
We had a lovely party.  Congratulations Todd.
Last week at quilting, a few of the ladies were busy trying their hand at making earrings.  They ended up having a bit of a production line going making the process look very easy and this is what they ended up with.

Lots of Christmas Tree earrings in reds, multicolour and greens.  They look great on and will make a lovely gift or a stocking stuffer.  Well done everyone. 







A few years ago, I made this for my sister's birthday.  A couple of weeks ago, she asked me if there was a way she could hang it on the wall instead of using it in the centre of the table so I have added a hanging sleeve for her.  I really like this pattern and would like to make another one but first I have to remember where I filed the pattern. Must do some organization in the pattern area one of these days.  


Well must go...........Be back soon with more finishes I hope...........

1 comment: