background

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another OPAM finish !!!!!!

Just a quick post as time is just flying by in this household. Scott's 40 th birthday is next week and with trying to help him get the house in order and trying to finish a couple of quick quilts for his 2 boys, life is a bit hectic at present. Tom will be down next week for his Dad's birthday and I wanted to make him a warm quilt to take back with him. Of course, I made him a quilt when he was younger but haven't got around to making his brother Jake one as yet so I decided to make them both a no sew cuddle quilt. Jake (6) has been asking me of late when I am going to make him a quilt and thought I might have the time to make him one while he was at his Mum's for the school holidays because I didn't have to look after him. Funny how kids minds work sometimes. The quilt is made using fleece material and is just a matter of laying a square top and backing piece together, removing selvages, then cutting a 5" square from each corner and cutting 1" by 5" strips along all sides then knotting them together. I have finished Tom's, he loves green so used green/brown camouflage fleece with a brown back. It feels so warm and cuddly especially with the weather so cold at present. Hope he likes it. Jake has the same fabric except in his favourite colour, blue. Hope to finish Jake's by tomorrow. These quilts are great and I am thinking I might have to make a few more. I got the seal of approval from my cat Oscar as I had big trouble removing him from the middle when I was trying to turn the quilt to cut the sides. Maybe I need to make a smaller version for him but then he probably wouldn't want to sit on it if he was allowed to. A big thank you to Cyndie from our quilt group for bringing hers in to show us. Quite a few ladies from our group have made them for their grandchildren as well.
Cheers for now......

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is something new Noela. I haven't seen this technique before. You will have to bring it to the retreat or to the shop.. I would love to see it. Oh and cats only like quilts they are not allowed to sit on! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick quilt is a good quilt and this idea looks nice and is very warm, wearable serviceable colours in yours.

    ReplyDelete