background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

OPAM Finish, 'Love Is' blocks


MY OPAM finish is my machine mat which I have been working on for some time. I had it almost finished last week but when putting the binding on, I realised I had one of the stitcheries upside down. What a job to fix it, lots of reverse sewing and unpicking but it had to be done otherwise I would see it everytime I used my machine. I sometimes wish I was not so particular about finishing everything off so it won't come apart easily. I'm sure I could have made another mat in the time it took me to unpick it.
Blocks 1-3 Love Is BOM from Paula of Pacific Patchwork.



I must say I am a sucker for redwork and just couldn't resist starting the free BOM called Love Is. The button is on my sidebar. I am using Rouenneries fabric which I purchased from my local quilt shop, Homespun and Beautiful. 2 Stitcheries are provided each month on the 10th and 25th with a total of 24 in all. They are really quick to do and look great, do you agree? I am making my sashing 2 inches to make the quilt a little larger and may add an extra border as well.

2 comments:

  1. Love your machine mat Noela. It's gorgeous!!! Where did you get the pattern for that one??I am very tempted with Paulas Love Is BOM too.

    ReplyDelete