background

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time to Begin ..........

Here it is the 6th of January already and I have passed my 1st year blogversary by 3 days. It has been such a big learning curve but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I love visiting other quilter's blogs and have found my fellow quilters to be a very generous and helpful lot. If you want to know how to do something, usually you can find another quilter has done a tutorial on it and it is on the net somewhere, just have to search. I have learnt so much, enjoyed being in swaps, loved gathering lots of free patterns and managed to complete 1 BOM and have 2 others almost completed.

This year there are more BOM's on offer. Bunny Hill is doing one called Snowbound, Jenny's of Elephantz is called Bouquet, Cheryl of Willowberry Designs has one called Under the Sea and Flirting with Flowers is by Vicki of Tozz' Corner. Check out the buttons on my sidebar for the links.

Kris from Tagalong Teddies along with Peg of Happy in Quilting is going to host OPAM again this year. This was such a great encouragement to me last year to get some of my UFO's finished, that I am going to join again this year and hopefully keep the momentum going. As I look at other blogs tonight, I can see that most of my blogging friends are already showing completed projects for this year so I have decided it is time to leave the holiday mode behind and take up my needle and thread and begin for 2010.

2 comments:

  1. It's a whole new world and lots of fun. Glad you have enjoyed your journey in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, Happy New Year to you! Happy Blogaversary also!! You are so right when you say the blogging world is so supportive and helpful and so so friendly!! It is indeed a world of fun, and friendship, I am so happy that you are having so much fun and enjoyment. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete