background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Camp : Here I Come!!!

Well, here I am getting ready for my quilting camp at Tamborine Mountain starting on Thursday. Where did last week go? I had intended to be sooooo organised for this camp but here I am at the last minute trying to get everything done. Still need to finish cutting out the quilt tops I intend to take to sew (nearly there) and still stitching a table runner which I may not finish in time (for the challenge project). I have the pink bag I made but thought this might fit the theme a bit better. The picture above is the place mat I have completed to match the cup, saucer and plate which I will use for our High Tea on Saturday afternoon. I have had the light pink material used for the background for about 30 odd years. I used to make fabric picture frames for gifts way back when and I bought the fabric for that. Little did I know that I would use it again so many years later and that it would match the tea set perfectly. Luckily I was a bit of a fabric junkie back then although not quite as bad as I am now. I am starting to get quite excited about the camp now and am looking forward to a few days of uninterrupted sewing. Hoping I can get at least one quilt top done and pick up some helpful tips from other quilters along the way. The camp has lots of things happening over the 4 days so if I want a break from the machine there will be other things to see and do. Well, must get going or I'll never get finished. Will take lots of photos to show when I get back. Cheers for now..........

No comments:

Post a Comment